Welcome! The North Gwinnett Arts Association has an opportunity for all photographers to participate in our annual Juried Photography Exhibition. The theme, Your Absolute Best Shots is what YOU consider to be your best captured shots! The exhibit is set to open on Wednesday, March 22, 2017 in the main art gallery located at 3930 Charleston Market Street, Unit B6 Suwanee, GA 30024 in Suwanee Town Center.
The exhibition is open to all professional and amateur photographers 18 and over.
All styles of photography (traditional and digital processes). Photographs must be originals executed and altered by the photographer only.
- Photographers may submit a maximum of three (3) entries
- Photographs must be ORIGINAL and completed within the last two years and not previously exhibited at NGAA - NO classroom/workshop directed photos or reproductions will be accepted. ENTRIES MUST NOT VIOLATE COPYRIGHT LAWS
- Craftsmanship and presentation of artwork will be criteria for acceptance into the exhibit
- NGAA reserves the right to refuse any submitted work which is deemed inappropriate, offensive, or improperly presented
- All photos must be properly framed or at least 1 1/2” deep gallery wrapped with no visible staples and wired to hang (no saw tooth hangers)
- All accepted artwork must be hand delivered to NGAA Art Gallery with legible identification label affixed. Label must include: Artist’s name & email address, Title, Medium, and Price (no shipped entries will be accepted)
- A typed biography no longer than one page in length is required at drop off (made available to Gallery patrons)
- Photography must be for sale. NGAA retains 30% commission of all works sold during the exhibition
Entry fee is $35.00 (non-refundable) and entitles photographer to submit three (3) pieces.
You may enter up to three (3) pieces that meet the above criteria. To enter Your Absolute Best Shots exhibit, upload photos and entry fee. Images must be in JPG format and smaller than 3MB.
Ribbons and sponsored cash prizes will be awarded to 1st, 2nd, & 3rd places, Honorable Mention and People’s choice.
INSURANCE AND LIABILITY:
Each photographer is responsible for insuring his or her own photography. While all care will be taken while photos are being exhibited in the NGAA Art Gallery, NGAA and its members or anyone working on the exhibition, assumes no responsibility for any damage to the photos during delivery, installation and de-installation. NGAA will not be liable for photography not claimed after specified pick-up dates and time.
Images of works may be used for NGAA marketing and publicity purposes.
FOR ADDITIONAL ASSISTANCE:
Contact the Exhibition Director, Barbara Pirkle at email@example.com.
PROSPECTUS CHECK LIST & EVENT CALENDAR:
- Saturday, March 4: Online Submission Deadline- uploaded images and payment must be received by 5:00 pm
- Wednesday, March 8: Notifications emailed to accepted photographers
- Monday, March 13: Photography hand delivered to NGAA between 9:00 - 6:00 pm
- Wednesday, March 22: Awards and opening reception, 5:00 - 7:00 pm NGAA Center for the Arts in Suwanee Town Center
- March 22 - May 20: Your Absolute Best Shots Exhibition open to the public, Mon - Thurs 9:00 - 5:00 pm, Fri & Sat 9:00 - 7:00 pm
- Monday, May 22: Photography pick up between 9:00 - 6:00 pm (we no longer have access to storage please plan accordingly)
- Monday, May 29: Work not retrieved by this date becomes the property of NGAA
To submit by mail, download the form and mail to:
NGAA-Center for the Arts
C/o Photography Exhibition
3930 Charleston Market Street, Unit B6
Suwanee, GA 30024
About the Juror: