North Gwinnett Arts Association is accepting entries for its upcoming 2nd annual summer 2D juried exhibition, ODE TO SUMMER, to be held July 12 through August 19 at the Art Gallery in Suwanee Town Center. The theme of the exhibition is summertime and the memories, emotions, sights, and scenery that our warmest season evokes. All fine art styles and mediums will be considered, including representational, abstract, and conceptual works. This call for art is open to the public, both professional and amateur.
The exhibition is open to all established and emerging artists 18 and over.
2D fine artwork will be considered for acceptance. All artwork must be original and not previously exhibited at NGAA. Craftsmanship and presentation of artwork will be criteria for acceptance into the exhibit. NGAA reserves the right to refuse any submitted work which is deemed inappropriate, offensive, or improperly presented.
- Artwork must reflect our theme of “ODE TO SUMMER” .
- Accepted media - oil, watercolor, acrylic, charcoal, pastel, colored pencil, pen & ink, mixed media, and printmaking. (NO photography)
- Artwork must be ORIGINAL and completed within the last two years - NO crafts, classroom/workshop directed pieces, reproductions, or giclee’s will be accepted. ENTRIES MUST NOT VIOLATE COPYRIGHT LAWS.
- Artwork must be for sale. NGAA retains 30% commission of all works sold during the exhibition.
- 2D artwork maximum size 48” W x 48” H including frame. All 2D work must be properly framed or at least 1 1/2” deep gallery wrapped with no visible staples and painted edges, wired to hang (no saw tooth hangers).
- All accepted artwork must be hand delivered to NGAA Art Gallery with legible identification label affixed. Label must include: Artist’s name & email address, Title, Medium, and Price. (No shipped entries will be accepted.)
Entry fee is $35.00 (non-refundable) and entitles the artist to submit 3 pieces.
You may enter up to three (3) pieces that meet the above criteria. Images must be in jpg. format and smaller than 3MB. You will receive an email from ngaa4arts.com confirming your submission has been processed.
Ribbons and sponsored cash prizes will be awarded.
INSURANCE AND LIABILITY:
Each artist is responsible for insuring his or her own artwork. While all care will be taken while art is being exhibited in the NGAA Art Gallery, NGAA and its members or anyone working on the exhibition, assumes no responsibility for any damage to the artwork during delivery, installation and de-installation. NGAA will not be liable for artwork not claimed after specified pick-up dates and time.
Images of works may be used for NGAA marketing and publicity purposes.
FOR ADDITIONAL ASSISTANCE:
Contact the Exhibition Director, Barbara Pirkle at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 678.772.1361.
PROSPECTUS CHECK LIST & EVENT CALENDAR:
- Monday, June 26: Online Submission Deadline: uploaded images and payment must be received by 5:00 pm.
- Wednesday, June 28: Notifications emailed to accepted artists
- Wednesday, July 5: Artwork hand delivered to NGAA between 9:00 - 6:00 pm
- Wednesday, July 12: Awards and opening reception, 6:00 - 8:00 pm at NGAA Center for the Arts in Suwanee Town Center.
- July 12 : August 19: Ode to Summer, open to the public: Mon - Thurs 9:00 - 5:00 pm, Fri & Sat 9:00 - 7:00 pm.
- Monday, August 21: Artwork pick up between 9:00 - 6:00 pm (we no longer have access to storage so please plan accordingly. Artwork becomes property of NGAA if not retrieved after 7 days).
ABOUT THE JUROR:
To be announced.