North Gwinnett Arts Association has an opportunity for Members only to participate in the smallWORKS | Affordable Gifts by Local Artists Exhibition 2017, the Exhibit is set to open on Monday, October 9 through January 13 at the Art Gallery in Suwanee Town Center. This Exhibition will showcase artwork by the NGAA Members for the holidays. There is no theme. Christmas and Suwanee themed art is welcomed but not necessary.
The exhibition is open to all Members 18 and over.
All media and skill levels are invited to submit three (3) entries into the smallWORKS EXHIBITION. Artwork in the categories of 2D, 3D and Photography, (including pottery, jewelry, woodworking, and crafts that are completely handmade) will be accepted and all works must adhere to guidelines. Craftsmanship and presentation of artwork will be criteria for acceptance into the exhibit. NGAA reserves the right to refuse any submitted work which is deemed inappropriate, offensive, or improperly presented.
- Artwork must be for sale. NGAA retains 30% commission of all works sold during the exhibition.
- 2D artwork and Photography maximum size 16” W x 20” H including frame. All 2D artwork and photography must be properly framed or at least 1 1/2” deep gallery wrapped with no visible staples and painted edges, wired to hang (no saw tooth hangers).
- 3D artwork must fit on a gallery pedestal. Artists needs to provide their own display for jewelry and craft pieces and have everything priced prior to drop off.
- Boxed greeting cards must be a minimum of five cards per box. Individual cards must be displayed on a tabletop stand or floor stand.
- Ornaments may be displayed on either a tabletop or floor display not to exceed 36" tall.
- There is a price limit of $400 for all art pieces, entries must not violate copyright laws.
- Artist will have the option to reduce their prices the last two weeks of the exhibit.
- Artist will be asked to bring in more items as their artwork or crafts sells.
- All accepted artwork and crafts must be hand delivered to NGAA Art Gallery with legible identification label affixed. Label must include: Artist’s name & email address, Title, Medium, and Price for artwork, Artist name and price for crafts.
The Nazareth Award (People's Choice) sponsored by S & A Industries will be awarded.
INSURANCE AND LIABILITY:
Each artist is responsible for insuring his or her own artwork. While all care will be taken while art is being exhibited in the NGAA Art Gallery, NGAA and its members or anyone working on the exhibition, assumes no responsibility for any damage to the artwork during delivery, installation and de-installation. NGAA will not be liable for artwork not claimed after specified pick-up dates and time.
Images of works may be used for NGAA marketng and publicity purposes.
FOR ADDITIONAL ASSISTANCE:
Contact the Exhibition Director, Barbara Pirkle at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 678.772.1361.
Entry fee is $35.00 (non-refundable) and entitles the artist to submit 3 pieces.
You may enter up to three(3) pieces that meet the above criteria. Images must be in .JPG format and smaller than 3MB. You will receive an email from ngaa4arts.com confirming your submission has been processed.
PROSPECTUS CHECK LIST & EVENT CALENDAR:
- Ongoing thru Nov 5: Online Submission: upload images and payment.
- October 2 thru November 7: Artwork hand delivered to NGAA Tues-Thurs between 11-5:00 pm.
- Wednesday, November 15: Holiday Reception and Nazareth Award, 6:00 - 8:00 pm at the NGAA Center for the Arts in Suwanee Town Center.
- October 9 - January 13: smallWORKS Exhibition open to the public,
Tues - Thurs 11:00 - 5:00 pm, Fri & Sat 11:00 - 5:00 pm
- Tuesday, January 16: Artwork pick up between 11:00 - 5:00 pm
(we no longer have access to storage please plan accordingly)