Rosemary Benavides Williams Student Arts Scholarship
The North Gwinnett Arts Association (NGAA) awards the Rosemary Benavides Williams Student Arts Scholarship (RBW Student Arts Scholarship) to one college-bound high school graduate majoring or planning to major in the field of visual arts. The number and value of scholarships shall be determined each year by the NGAA Board of Trustees.
The RBW Student Arts Scholarship is open to any high school senior that meets the following requirements:
- Majoring or planning to major in a field of visual arts, such as painting, drawing, sketching, sculpture, art education, architecture, computer graphics, or other creative art fields.
- Submit a minimum of two (2), with a maximum of three (3), examples of work. Please include the specific medium that was used for each work. Examples will be accepted by electronic means only (CD or email). Do not submit original pieces. Submit all pieces in jpeg format. Your name must be on the CD and the CD will not be returned. By submitting these examples of your work, you are granting the NGAA the right to use these submissions, with or without attribution to the artist for the benefit of the organization and the promotion of the scholarship program.
- Graduate from high school or the equivalent by July 1 of the year in which you will receive the scholarship, if awarded.
- Submit a high school or equivalent transcript. These will be accepted until June 1st of the awarding year only if your complete application has been received and is postmarked no later than May 1st of the awarding year.
- Must have a valid email address for you, and application must be neatly written or typed.
Applicants will be judged primarily on artistic talent and/or potential, and the degree of interest and enthusiasm for the arts. Some consideration will be given to grade point average, extracurricular activities and financial need. Letters of recommendation or endorsements will be accepted but are not required. If selected as a scholarship recipient, you will be required to submit official paperwork showing the name and contact information of the institution where you will be studying.
The application must be mailed to:
North Gwinnett Arts Association, Inc
P. O. Box 342
Suwanee, GA 30024
Past Scholarship Winners
- 2016 - Trung Ho (Central Gwinnett High) awarded $1,500
- 2015 - Mackenzie Ives (Grayson High) Awarded $1,500
- 2015 - Ethan Koop ( Brookwood High) Awarded $1,500
- 2015 - Jaylon Smith (Brookwood High) Awarded $1,500
- 2014 - Aberleigh Rice (Mill Creek High) Awarded $1,500
- 2014 - Jennifer Still (Brookwood High) Awarded $1,500
- 2013 - Skyler Kratofil (North Gwinnett High) Awarded $1,500